Thursday, November 1, 2012

Introducing Baby Valera

We would like to introduce you to baby girl Valera:
Katriel Hope
(Cat tree el)
 Born on 10-11-12 
or October 11, 2012
This photo was taken shortly after she was born. The nurses let me do skin to skin while the dr was finishing up with stuff. This was an amazing experience that I didn't have last time. And although the birth story is far from typical still, having the ability to enjoy some of the "normal" things of child birth was an amazing gift.
Katriel weighed in at 6 lbs 5.9 ounces. Just a little thing. 
 I'm sure some of you are wondering how we got her name. Well I went looking in a baby name book one day, just like I did for Danya. I found several names I liked and left the final decision up to John after she was born. Alright I say I left the final decision up to John, but there was a bit of influence happening. He knew what one I liked, and I think if we were totally honest if he had choosen one I didn't think fit her I'm sure I could have gotten it changed.
Katriel means "crowned by God" and has it's origin in the Hebrew language.
Hope came from a Bible verse. Back... way back in the month she was concieved I was dealing with the fact that I was ready to be done trying to get pregnant, and be content with the one child I already had. I began to make plans for possibly going back to work part time, and increasing the sales and items offered in my shop. During that time I came accross a verse, I've shared it before I think. Romans 12:12 "Be Joyful in Hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." I choose that month to be joyful in whatever plan God had for me. and wouldn't you know it he gave me the desire of my heart. Totally awesome God we serve.

Because of all of my annoying food allergies, I called the hospital about a month before I was due to try and figure out what I would eat for the 3 days I was in the hospital. The hospital chef called me one day and talked me through my allergies and what she could make for me. These are just a couple of photos of the amazing food that came to me each day. 
 We've been volunteering at the hospital soo much this past year we've gotten to know many of the employees and different people who also volunteer. One of our contacts is Tucker the Therapy dog. Danya just loves him. He's soo sweet and so is his owner. A month before Katriel was born Tuckers owner was looking for a bandana for Tucker to wear to a function for Juvenile cancer. We put one together for them. As a thank you and because she is just that sweet. Tucker and his owner came to visit Katriel and me in the hospital.
 And naturally Katriel needed her own Tucker dog. Now Danya and Katriel both have one.
 You should also know that Katriel already has a widely used nickname. We call her Kat for short, and if you are Danya you say "Kat for short" She's still getting used to saying just Kat.
It's hard to see in this photo but this is the form to fill out for the birth certificate. Check out how many boxes there is for the names! I'm sure here in Hawaii is the only place you may see this form filled up completely. Some Hawaiian names can be quite long and detailed in their meaning.
On the evening Kat was born the friends who were watching Danya brought her by the hospital. Here is our first family photo. Since this day Danya has gotten quite adept at holding her sister. Although looking at it now, I can totally see how much Kat has grown already. She is 3 weeks old today, and I'm just now getting this up on the blog. That might tell you how busy we've been around here.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.