Thursday, October 20, 2011

SUPER Fun!

Danya and I love Savers! It's soo much fun to go treasure hunting at the local thrift store. You never know what you are going to find. This week, naturally, the Halloween costumes were featured, and while they were not on "sale" $3.99 is a great price for fun Wonder Woman play clothes. Naturally after watching some Wonderwoman cartoons and shows on YouTube she needed a crown and bracelets. SO what does a costume making Momma do, but go into my Halloween costume fabric bucket and find some gold lame and some silver to make a crown and bracelets.

Ryan didn't want to be left out of the costume fun so another fun trip to Savers was on our agenda. We found him a Superman Costume for $4 too. Complete with cape. I had to shorten the legs and body a little, but once that was done he had a blast. I was suffering from heat exhaustion watching him run around in 86 degree heat in that costume, but he was for sure not taking it off.
 Running with a long cape is tons of fun!
 The Super Hero team of Wonder Woman and Superman:
 Getting ready to take off flying.
 Notice Danya is blocking bullets with her bracelets.
Since these photos were taken we shortened Ryan's cape and used some of that lower portion to make Danya some Wonderwoman "boots".

All of this sewing got me to thinking about my Mom. When I was little I loved to dress up as much as Danya does, but my Mom had 2 other kids and one on the way by the time I was Danya's age. If I had been an only child I'm sure she would have done the same thing. I have more and more respect for my Mom as I care for these two. They are often twinlike, but other days it is like having an older and a younger. Eitherway they are a lot of work at times. Danya has been a bit more demanding since her surgery but otherwise she is totally recovered.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.