Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fall Fun!

The Monday following surgery we had a field trip with our local MOMS Club. We went to the Pumpkin patch. It just so happened that we were scheduled to do that and with our weekends being as busy as they usually are, and the fact that Danya doesn't do so well with waiting in long lines we went. She wore a mask for part of the day, but God smiled on us and it was sprinkling just enough all morning to keep the dust to a minimum and the sun off of us.

 We couldn't order a more perfect day to go to the Pumpkin Patch. It even made wearing Jeans not such a chore.
 Danya LOVED the school part of the trip and didn't want to leave school to go and take her picture with the pumpkins.
 So instead of a nice fall photo we got post surgery whine.
 and then our pre-teen wanna be attitude of 'Leave me Alone Momma'!
 then "fine"
 Well if Marlena is going to be in the photo I guess I can smile for Uncle Frank.
 Then it was our turn on the hayride.
 Danya and her Boys.

Danya has been making her own bed in the morning. A skill that I know I didn't have mastered at this age. Infact most days I still have laziness issues until well past noon on making my bed. Miss Danya, however, loves to make her own bed. As you can see there is very little room for her on her pillows, but at least all of her favorite things are close to scare away any bad dreams.
 A while back, long before I got Halloween busy Danya and I were at the fabric store. She saw this spider fabric and promptly announced she was going to be a witch for Halloween. I had originally promised I would make her Sleeping Beauty, but she kept sticking with this witch idea.
 So since I sewed my last costume to be mailed out I sat down and made her witch.
 It's a very elegant witch and very happy and shiny. More of a Fancy witch.
She even cooperated for several photos. As you can see she is growing her bangs out. They are in her face but keeping the barrettes in her hair is quite a challenge as she always pulls them out.


 I'm so proud of her for knowing how to walk, and run in a floor length dress. It's a skill many flowergirls never master and yet she is quite adept.
I decided to get a little whimsical with one of the pictures we took. I combined it with a photo that my Dad took at a lake a few years ago. She's "flying". It turned out pretty cute and at least for this fall season it is the desktop image on our computer.
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.