Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Garden

I showed you a photo of my rose garden the other day, and now I present to you my backyard garden. This is up on my very top tier in the back yard. I have a Noni Tree (it's a fruit tree that they use for special health drinks and such, never had the fruit, but  I hear it's kind of uck). We didn't plant this tree. A bird planted it along the side of our house and it started to grow. It did really well but having a big tree right next to our wall was a bad idea. So we transplanted it back here. It had a rough time adjusting but seems to be doing my better the last couple of days. Then next to or behind in this photo are snap peas. We planted several vegis but most of the seeds were quite old as I found them in a drawer in the house, so they didn't work. There are however plenty of snap peas and some small green onions. Then beyond the vegis is our Puakenikeni tree. This tree produces amazingly beautiful flowers that smell wonderful. I can't wait for it to start producing flowers. We'll soon have a plumeria tree too, but I plan to cut it and keep it more of a bush. My allergist doesn't want me gardening, but now that I got the hang of it, I asked permission to continue. I can as long as I wear a mask. I look creapy but I have a lot of fun gardening now. I want to be able to add more roses out front and plenty more vegi's in the back. Like my daddy used to say, "does that cost money" and the answer is Yes, so no more roses just yet. Soon.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.