Monday, March 14, 2011

Pule Lehua

As a rule I'm not much of a nature photographer, but on this past fateful friday Danya refused to be photographed and insisted that I photograph the butterflies. I've never caught this in all my tries to catch the butterflies around our tree but on Friday I did. Why do I keep mentioning Friday you ask, well as you've read and heard in the news for the past few days Friday was a day that all kinds of disaster struck the pacific. Hawaii will recover, we have some damage around the harbors, but nothing that isn't recoverable. Japan, it was reported this morning, is in mourning. Over 2,000 bodies washed up on shore. That is unthinkable to me. Soo many with soo much lost. Pule Lehua is the Hawaiian term for Butterfly it means prayer flower. So I post these photos of Pule Lehua today to remnind all of us to set our troubles aside and pray for those people who may still be burried and surviving, or desperately seeking a family member. Among my local friends there are some who are still missing family, both parents, and additional relatives. Sometimes it hits way to close to home.




1 comment:

Kjersten said...

Beautiful post, beautiful photos, Laura.

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.