Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Danya's Gift Update

If it's been a while since you visitied our Danya's gift site please head on over and see what we've been up to. It's really been exciting to see how others are embracing the project. We even had a family who received one of the outfits from last year pass on the preemie outfits their little one grew out of! So several outfits have come full circle! I love it!

As many of you know if someone tells me a dilema I always in my brain try and find a way to fix it. Well my new NICU contact who has become a good friend, shared how some of the nurses don't always feel scrappy so some little ones go days without a name card on their isolete or warmer like Danya's card you see in the above photo. Being as I have already donated my paper scraping stuff I used my digital scrapbooking stuff and made up a pile of instant cards that all the nurses have to do is either write or print from the computer the information. It was a lot of fun and really easy to put together about 20 different styles. I didn't have a lot of boy stuff though and there are always more boys than girls in the NICU here, so one of my other friends gave me some more boy stuff so I'll be making up some more. If you have any baby digital scrapbooking elements or want to make some name cards and email or regular mail them to me they are 5x7 size. She's also looking for celebration cards to commemorate every pound or milestone in the NICU, if you are more of a card person.

The Mom's club I joined is using Danya's gift as the service project for the month of May so at the end of the month we'll be making a big drop off! I can't wait. God has blessed this ministry more than I could have imagined.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.