Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Shoes

Yesterday as I put a really cute pair of hand me down shoes on Danya I realized that in her whole life I had only bought 2 pair of shoes for her, well 3 if you count her glass slippers for Halloween. 2 Years 2 pair of shoes? one might wonder how that works because you've no doubt seen her in many different shoes. Well it's quite easy. You see every time I notice that Danya is growing out of the shoes she has someone gives us shoes for her. It's amazing because honestly Friday as I put one of her pair of shoes on her I said "oh boy, this is the last time you are wearing these, sorry kiddo" and I put them away once we got home. Realizing that this left us with only one pair of shoes and one pair of fake crocs. Then on Saturday at Danya's birthday one of her friends gave her some hand me down shoes. God provides, often times through others, letting us know that we still are in his hands. Very soon she will catch up to this friend in size as they are relatively close in age, but in the mean time, we are blessed to have friends who pass on clothing and shoes. I can't tell you how blessed I feel that God provides even these small things. The picture is actually from the last time we were blessed back in June but I never really connected the timing before. Sometimes it feels like we put things off forever only to find that God supplies for the need exactly when we really NEED it.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.