Saturday, January 19, 2013

December Adventures

Danya got her first School award in early December. It was for being responsible. It's one of the school's core values. 2 students from each class were presented with awards.
 She was very proud of herself, but very mad at mommy. I forgot her necklace. I totally missed it on this one. I made sure she was dressed up, but forgot to buy her a lei. Some kiddos had 2 or 3 depending on if another relative came, but Danya had none. She was quite upset until I told her we would go get Slushies after school.
 Problem solved.
We went to see the Nutcracker Ballet for the first time with Danya's Girl Scout Troop. Afterwards the had a pretty convincing Santa for the kids to visit with
Danya and her best friend Marlena telling Santa what they want for Christmas.
Then it was time to think about Teacher gifts. Danya's teacher is super sweet, and I wanted to do something special for her. So Danya and I worked together on making her a wreath out of crayons and buttons.
She was so proud of it. We actually gave it to her about a week before School was out so that she could enjoy it as a decoration. Then it was once again time to think about goodie bags. Halloween was quite the haul, and remembering all the candy i wanted to do something different.
So I took a break from sewing Christmas orders one night to whip out 21 library bags.

 I still have my friends embroidery machine at my house, I'll be sad to see it go home soon, so I put the names of each of the kids on their bags.
 Yep I became a goody bag over achiever. I didn't really feel like it though since I
 just used fabric and ribbon from my stash.

 Then after school the last day of school before break there was a family bingo night complete with Santa. Danya and Katriel got their photo taken.
Santa was quite brave because Katriel was screaming.
During School Break Katriel got her first bottle. She was not thrilled.
Since I was so busy sewing Christmas orders I couldn't make the girls Christmas dresses. However my Mom had sent me my old Christmas dress from when I was almost 4. 

Here is Danya in the same dress at 5. She is quite a bit taller than I was, skinnier too.

Even though I'm sure many of you will not agree it's been cold around here lately. Check out Katriel all bundled up.









No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.