Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lilo... and Valentines Day fun at the beach

So I told you about all the other costumes I had gotten ready to be photographed, well Danya makes a pretty convincing Lilo from Lilo and Stitch, so we kept that one for her to do.

She was being a bit of a ham about it at the house because she knew that we were headed to the beach to take better pictures.

 Yep, she was still a ham. But a cute ham.
 being very Lilo and anxious to get in the water.

 A true and real smile as the water came up and got her feet. (it was a little chilly at first)
She's actually throwing a rock, not striking a super model pose, but it all looks the same. Silly girl.
 Then the time came to let the kids loose in the water. If you haven't seen me post about these awesome life jackets before, well they are amazing. Unfortunately Danya is now technically too heavy for it. The good thing about this is she literally can't 100% rely on it anymore and is now using her arms and legs to tread water and keep her head up, while Momma gets the comfort of knowing she won't go all the way under as it still helps her float.


 This rock was pretty awesome. The slime would float and wave as each wave washed over it. It was pretty mesmerizing to watch. The kids were intrigued.
 We also met up with some friends we haven't seen in a really long time and the kids had an amazing time together.
 Swimsuit pictures are always my less than favorite shots, but hey sometimes they show off all my hard work the best. So here is me in all my glory. This photo represents 65 pounds lost in total in the past year. It was one year ago this month when the dr told me to start the Belly Fat Cure "lifestyle change" It hasn't always been easy but I've perfected some pretty awesome meals, and learned a lot more about the food I eat. I wish I could be a bit stricter about it with Danya, but who wants to deny their child the fun of candy every so often.
The gym shorts are from the pre weightloss days, so they are huge, but it's actually kind of a cute photo of me.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.