Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Momma's Little Helper

During one of my many scouting missions to Savers at Halloween time I found this little chain stitch sewing machine. It doesn't really make a stitch that's going to hold up to make anything, but the awesome thing is it's designed for kids. It has a full needle guard, and surpisingly the batteries that are in it have lasted a really long time.
 So in the office, which is already a bit crowded with all John's books and my sewing stuff, Danya has a sewing desk just her size too.
 I've even given her some fabric scraps that are just for her. When I have a few extra moments I even "magically" make the piece of fabric into what she says she's making. Like if she is talking to the fabric and says she's making a dress for her doll, I'll make it into a doll dress super fast while she's asleep.
She isn't fooled, she knows I did something to make it into a dress. But she is still so proud of herself.

Like I said she wears her Sleeping Beauty dress everywhere. Even in my hot sewing room. The sewing room office is notoriously hot, or at least it was all of the Halloween season, but now that the rainy season has started it's actually quite comfortable, although I'm not sure I'd be wearing long sleeves.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.