Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Costumes, Costumes, Costumes

Okay so in this first image please ignore the messy background, I've been sewing like a mad woman to get my online store ready for the Halloween rush, and I kind of neglected the cleaning in our room for a few days, and I was doing some cutting out of the fabric in my room where the AC is in the evening.

That being said, I've been sewing like crazy! Danya is a pretty willing model, but she's also got a mind of her own where modeling is concerned.
This costume isn't on Danya but she loves walking past it and saying "Dat's an AAAAnngry bird". And it is. It is designed off of a very popular video game right now. Doing this costume this year kind of came about as an accident as I was making the above blue bird. I saw how easily an Angry Bird could be made.

On Monday is Danya's birthday we are getting ready to plan her party in late September and naturally we are doing a Strawberry Shortcake theme.  So what did we need? Why a costume of course! Danya spends more of her time in dress up clothing than in regular clothing. She loves to dress up!

 The new Strawberry Shortcake is super cute and very wearable. It is also in demand this year, so then it becomes a project for my Etsy Store. And might already have a buyer for another one.  Now I just gotta find the tights. Keep your eyes peeled for her birthday invitation.
 Rapunzel also made an appearance in this fall's line of costumes. Danya wore this one for 2 days straight. I just mailed off the first sold Rapunzel today! I love Halloween for the costumes and the creativity. It makes sewing fun!
 This Little Red Riding Hood is currently the most popular costume in my store. It hasn't sold yet, but I have tons of people asking questions and asking about custom sizes. In the comming weeks I hope to see lots of sales.

 If I haven't posted much lately forgive me, this is what I've been doing. It has gotten to the point where today Danya told me " I want a sewing Machine for my birthday, no pokeys though just a toy one okay. I wanna pretend with you Momma." Usually when I am on a sewing marathon John and Danya are playing together. Some times with Legos, some times with trains, and some times learning games on the computer.


1 comment:

shana said...

nice work! it's all so cute (can angry birds be called cute?). anyway, take care!
shana

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.