Friday, February 4, 2011

The Big Day!

Today was the day I've been waiting for. Danya had her surgery this morning. Many of you were following our progress on Facebook today but for those of you who didn't, I wanted to share more about what happened.
We woke up early and drove down to Kap. We had to be there by a quarter to 7.
 Once we checked in and completed some vitals check we got to play in the waiting room until it was our turn.
 There was a lot of waiting time. Danya and Daddy passed the time running around and chasing a little bit, she had a lot of fun.
 Then I think when the last kid before her went in it might have sunk in a little bit. I love this photo. It's like "I'm Hiding, you can't see me" In reality she was trying to take off the surgical outfit. She wanted to wear her "Fancy" dress instead.
 Momma got to wear a fancy outfit. After all that waiting, I carried her into the OR. She was a bit scared and I don't blame her. I would have been too, not because the dr.s were scary or anything, but more becasue it was a new place and such. I held her while she fell asleep and then gave her one last kiss, being as brave as I could be making sure I didn't cry until she was asleep.
Then I left the OR and went to wait in the waiting room. When the surgery was all over I went into te recovery room to wait for her to wake up. When she did, she wanted to be held. So I gladly held her and snuggled. She was quite upset whenever a nurse got close, but she soon learned that Momma was there and would hold her for everything else. We went from the recovery room into an observation bay where Gammi and Daddy got to come in and sit with us. The hospital has tv's everywhere and they keep them tuned into a cartoon just for her.

 There was a lot of tears off and on, due to being a bit groggy and not so sure about the nurses, but she did really well. Her nose was still seeping a little blood at this point but throughout the day it slowed down.
Here we are waiting for the prescription. Then we went home. They said she would be groggy for 24 hours. They lied. She bounced right back once we got some food into her. She enjoyed lots of apple juice slushies and popsicles today. Not sure how the night will go but we heard some improvement in her speach even by tonight that I'm hopeing for more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.