Friday, November 12, 2010

Danya's Ball Gown

Some of you have checked out my etsy store and you know that for Halloween I had good sucess upcylcilng some old formals into costumes and dramatic play dresses. My amazing neighbor found this bridal gown at Savers on 99cent Thrifty Thursday. I kind of fell in love with it. The beading is amazing and knotted on individually which makes it much more durable for toddler use.
 So I portioned it out into 2 chunks to make 2 little girl dresses out of it. I started the first one and totally loved it. I decided to sell Danya's Fancy Nancy from halloween so I thought I had better replace it with super fancy. She calls it her "ball gown" which it is so very smart.
 I tried it on her just to make sure we had good sizing, and found that she didn't want to take it off, she ran away from me until I convinced her she would still get to have it when it was done.
 When it was done she was REALLY in love.
 The blue lips are curtesy of a blue sucker from Halloween, adorable yeah?
 There goes my run away bride.
 Laughing as she is running down the hallway, to avoid taking a good picture she turns around fast and starts running back in the direction she came from. I'm sure you can guess what happened next.
Flop! she laughed so hard that she fell down, then she laughed as she tried to untangle her legs from all the fabric.
 Then we got up and ran some more.
 Fancy Danya continued to wear it all morning, drawing playing it didn't matter.
Then Daddy came home and she had to show him. It's been kind of funny that once Daddy comes home she doesn't like to share him with me, often saying  "stay here, I go play my daddy" So this photo is me still trying to get that good shot as she is sneaking in with Daddy, ready to lock me out.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.