Monday, August 23, 2010

Birthday Party Fun!

First we will start with a few photos of her "Fancy Nancy" goes Hawaiian dress that I made for her birthday dress. She is soo cute in it, I just had to share these photos we took a few days before her party.
We spent the early hours of party day frosting the cupcakes I made the night before. Yes it would have been easier to buy a cake but I can't eat store bought cake so I went a little crazy. There was actually 3 kinds of cake.
Now I have a fridge full of leftovers calling my name, argh. Although Danya did her best to finish off the frosting off as many cupcakes as she could.
There was just a bit too much going on to catch a super good photo of her with all her cupcakes. She was really excited every time someone came into the house. She would meet them at the door saying, "Hello to my party!" and anytime someone said Happy Birthday to her she would respond "Happy Birthday to Everyone!" AND it was clear enough everyone understood her. Not sure if I posted this on the blog yet or not, so I'll do it now. Danya has some environmental allergies. We're not exactly sure what yet as we have to wait for the test results, but the meds she has are really working well and we are hearing lots clearer speech in just the few days she's been on it. What an answer to prayer!
Then there were presents! Danya was way excited to open presents!
I'll be honest... I have no idea who gave what. She was a gift opening monster, going so fast and throwing clothing to get it out of her way so she could get to the toys faster.
Notice the dresses on the ground behind her. She took one out of the bag and threw it over her head, then reached into the bag and grabbed the next one, then again until she got to the art project at the bottom.
After the wrapping paper was off then it was the removal of all those little tabs, binders, ties, and other nonsense that toy manufacturers like to torture parents with.
The party went in 2 waves. The first wave of friends came mostly MOMs club moms and their kiddos, who we have gotten really close to over the past few months. They are some of Danya's best friends. Then after they started to filter on to other adventures our neighbors arrived providing more fun and wonderful gifts, and lots of fun conversation.
Naturally during the games and first part of the party I totally neglected my camera. This was later during the second wave of fun. I think it's pretty clear from this photo why Danya's house is one of her friends' favorite places to play. We've been very blessed with hand me downs and gifts so that Danya has many different ways to play. Thank you everyone who came and made our celebration so special.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.