Saturday, February 6, 2010

Oh the things you find when you clean...

So when we were in Minnesota I went through lots of stuff that had been packed away. Mom in all her wisdom decided when we all were done with our Barbies to just pack them up so that our kids could play with them. We don't seem to have many of the dolls left in playable shape but boy do we have decades of clothing styles, there are even some that Mom made as a sewing beginner when she played with her Barbies. In the process of sorting I decided to separate all those little shoes and other accessories from the clothing so that some of the older younger cousins could play with them without parents worrying too much. Sorting, sorting, sorting and as I looked at the smaller accessory bucket I realized we had an amusing collection of Barbie technology.
First the Barbie desktop of the 80's and Barbie's laptop of the 2000's

As some of you know when I was the camp speaker for a camp in Iowa I used toys to tell the stories on powerpoint and slides. So to do that I would always keep my eyes open for Barbies on clearance. This gives us more Technology than you would suspect given my age.
Now the evolution of Barbie's music equipment.







All I need is a Barbie 8 track and a Barbie Ipod to complete the evolution. Could you imagine how small a Barbie Ipod would be?

I know this is a little departure from the usual topic of this blog, but I thought it was a funny story to share with all of you.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.