Friday, December 11, 2009

Catching up... again

Somedays it seems like there is never enough hours in the day. For me it has been one of those couple of weeks. I've been putting a great deal of my free time into sewing and creating Christmas gifts. There has been a lot of fun adventures in sewing that will be shared after Christmas because too many of you are receiving the fruits of those labors.

In the mean time we have also been doing a lot of new and exciting adventures. Those of you who are friends on Facebook know that we had a deep cleaning weekend to get ready for Christmas that included moving and cleaning behind all the furniture in our living room including the entertainment center. That is one of those big things that just never gets moved but it did that day, YUCK! Anyway, I did a lot of the cleaning of the nasty while Danya was napping, but I waited to shampoo the carpet until she woke up. I had taken the futon mattress outside and set it on our patio chairs and sprayed it with Fabreeze. When Danya woke up she decided she didn't want to be near the carpet cleaner so she went outside. I kept an eye on her easily since all the curtains were down for a washing too. Anyway all of a sudden it is quiet and I don't see her so I step out side and she says "hi" from her perch laying down on top of the futon mattress. It was too cute to scold, so I got the camera instead.

The Park! Our local park is a big grungy and I am so glad Danya can't read yet, but it still provides us with lots of fun adventures. It's so amazing to watch her discover new skills at the park. She can now climb all the ladders, and thanks to a little boy from the sped preschool class she thinks she knows how to work the firemans pole.

We've made some new friends this way to. This little boy gave Danya her first "flower". It was really a seeding piece of grass but Danya calls those flowers and he called it a pretty, so I think that counts. There is a part of me that hopes it doesn't happen again for a loooooong time and another part of me that hopes she is blessed with lots of flowers from boys growing up, but learns to be choosy too.

Then there is always story time at the Library. Danya's not so sure she likes giving certain books back though. We've had to renew one book a couple of times. I think even John just about has it memorized.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.