The time has come. I will admit to being a little nervous, but at the same time our house is far enough up the hill/mountain that hopefully we will be okay. Tomorrow I'll be cleaning our back yard and making other preparations. Right now Felicia will most likely only be a tropical storm when it makes landfall, and as of this moment isn't predicted to make direct landfall on Oahu, however, John's parents are right on the path of the center of the storm right now. They also live up the mountain, but that could have it's own downfalls because they live adjoining a sugar cane field. I don't know much about hurricanes, so I'm just not sure if we've prepared enough, so it's good that she is weakening. It's been kind of surreal this past week as we have watched this storm get stronger and closer. It's weird because it's like waiting all week for a tornado to show up. If you want to keep track of the storm click here. Please keep us and all of Hawaii in your prayers. There are many homeless families who are in danger of loosing so much.
UPDATE-- Well she's shifted more south again. It's just a waiting game. They were saying about 2pm monday we would see her show up. I'll let you all know how we do on our, okay not John's but Danya and my, first hurricane.