Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hot Pink Chucks



These shoes were a Christmas gift from Aunt Julie and Uncle Mike. Thanks! They are awesome! She can now fit them so we wore them the other day, but for a little girl who is not used to wearing shoes that require socks or tying we were a bit frustrated putting them on. She adjusted well though and quickly got the idea. Climbing is a lot easier in good shoes.

These shoes bring me back to when I was in 5th grade. I was on a Bible quizzing team and our "uniform" was cool chucks. I just had pale pink ones but Micky Miesner had hot pink ones and she was older and cooler than I was. I always looked up to her. She included me even though I was younger and a bit awkward. Then next year Micky passed away after an accident. These shoes, as random as it is, make me think about how I want to raise Danya. I want her to look beyond cool or not cool and find the cool in everyone. I'm not sure how to teach that to her but that will be a major parenting goal for me.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.