Saturday, April 11, 2009

Eggs, Eggs, everywhere



As some of you know I have been working hard to put together a community Easter egg hunt for our Church. It has been a long process really. On February 15 the Easter eggs appeared in stores. After last year I knew that was the time to buy them. Right away I picked up about 1000 eggs. Then as the days went on I would pick up a couple more packages every time I had extra cash, until the first week of March when everyone was sold out. Then Tada! Target opened. So when we went opening night I picked up as many packages as we could fit in a shopping basket, because there were no carts left by the time we got in. Those sold out pretty fast too. I think most places were sold out around March 20 or so. Last week another shipment arrived from the mainland, so we all had another chance to snag a couple more. Anyway what you see above is 1500 eggs filled and ready for tomorrow. About 800 of those eggs were in a box like this one:The box was small so I was wondering how they could get the 250 they claimed in the box. When I opened it I discovered how. Oh boy it is a lot of eggs. I am very excited about tomorrow, Now it is just a matter of everything working as planned.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.