Saturday, April 25, 2009

ANTS!!!!!!



I am sick of them, again. They are stubborn little buggers. I feel like I've tried everything that is safe to do with kids around and it just isn't working. So I've been working this week on some deep cleaning. Danya my great helper was ready to help. We did a deep clean on the carpets, thanks to the hoover steam cleaner, and Danya was a part of the pre-steam crew. She tried to help with the steamer but it's a bit heavy. Plus you kinda have to do that a specific way. So she kept the cord out of the way. It's an important job too.


In my zealousness to deep clean I decided to wash the curtains on my patio door. I made them myself and apparently when I did I ignored the number one rule of sewing. I forgot to pre-wash the fabric. Well since it was raining and I couldn't dry them outside like I planned, I had to dry them, and when I went to put them back up this is what I found.
Oops.
All hope is not lost. Mom Valera bought us a comforter for Christmas that had a set of door curtains in it. Tada. they even match fairly well. Because of the flash they don't look like it here, but the shimmer is almost gone when the room has normal lighting. They aren't as heavy as the ones I made, but it functions and looks good. Sometimes God provides for us even when we don't think we need providing for. (if you imagined the previous line being delivered by Bob the tomato you know what show we watched tonight.)

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.