Thursday, March 12, 2009

What we are working on...

As some of you know I have been getting a bit down by Danya's lack of vocabulary. So in an effort to introduce new words and recognition skills we have really been working hard at picking objects out of books. "Where's the..." She wasn't at the top of her usual abilities because she was distracted by the camera but you get the basic idea. You can also hear that many of her words sound alike. She seems to favor the g sound. As her mommy there may be a bit of wishful thinking but I believe I can tell the difference in her words. I will admit to a lot of hope. I know she understands, as you will see, it's just the words are soo slow in coming it often brings me down.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Laura I know that you are frustrated with Danya's language development but I believe she is doing well and the fact that you are working with her on it is great. I am praying for peace for you and words for her. I love you and miss you so much.

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.