Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Birthday Party on Maui

Party # 2 is now over. Whew! The tradition here is large parties over 200 guests for first birthdays and at this point I kinda wished we had gone that way rather than the three little ones. It's fun to celebrate Danya's birthday but wow it is a lot of work. I know I have been bad at posting the last month. I hate to be inconsistant but with all the traveling it is just nuts. Plus since arriving home Danya has decided that one nap is plenty although she is acting as though that second nap is more than necessary. but I will save that for another post.

Inflatable turtle that belongs to the swimming pool grandma bought, but Danya carried it around like a security blanket for the last 2 days we were there so we had to bring it home. She is still carrying it around. I have a video to post of that soon I promise.

"helping" Grandpa BBQ

laughing with Annabelle



The desert set up. I didn't get a picture of the lunch but the table was groaning under the weight of the food.

Froggy cookies I made for the party. Yay! desert I could eat. I made fudge too but it was more like an icecream topping that edible fudge. oops.

badly backlit photo, not my idea of where to shoot it.



Grandma gave the bakery a copy of the invitation and this is the Cake they designed to go with it. It was very cute.

OOOH! see how impressed everyone is by my cake cutting skills. Yep that's dental floss. Thanks Mom for teaching us that trick.

Licking the cake?!

Great uncle Mike put his nose in range. It was very sticky.

Speaking of sticky!


Kissing the new pooh.

the neighbor boy wanted to help.

Board with gifts, Danya just wanted a paper plate to play with, or eat.

Trying on a new cooler outfit. 24 month size!
l

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.