Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Newness


There have been so many things going on it is hard keep up. Danya is growing like a weed. She is now almost 8 months old and is stretching her 9 month one piece outfits. She will need to keep wearing them for a while though because her mega wardrobe gets a bit thin at the 12 month size. Her onsie pile for 9 months is larger than her whole clothing pile for 12 months. She's so long. I just read on Oliver's blog that he is going through some of the same things.

A few months ago we learned the value of the Baby Einstein Videos. Danya gets to watch them in the evening. It is so cute because the 6 month videos encourage interaction, and Danya giggles and plays with the kids on the video. I used to be so skeptical of them but when nothing else will engage her because she is getting tired I love to let her enjoy them.

My thyroid hormone levels are equalizing. That is good news. Yet keep me in your prayers because one of the rare side effects is loss of taste. I guess I am a rare bird because I have lost some of my sense of taste. The Dr. tells me that in most cases it will come back in a matter of time. For some it takes weeks others it takes months. The sooner the better if you ask me.

On Friday of this week I will be shooting costume photos at my first carnival in Hawaii. This is amazing news and I am so excited because it will give me a chance to get my name out there. But I am also a bit nervous because I am not sure of all of the ins and outs of Hawaii small business laws. There are several other oportunities with this school that is having the carnival to shoot some dances and stuff so doors are opening for me. Pray for me and John as he has been drafted as my assistant and he obviously has never done one of these carnivals with me before.

1 comment:

Gammlemor/Gammlefar said...

Tell John, from one who knows, to listen carefully and be extra, extra patient -- letting you do what you do best. I can't wait to see the pictures. Mom

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.