Monday, March 31, 2008

Today I glow...

Okay not really but everytime I think about this radioactive iodine I think of the few times I watched the simpsons and Homer went to work and messed around with the glowing radioactive pill shaped stuff. Anyway at noon I go to the hospital where they will run a pregnancy test on me, then at 1:30 I am scheduled to take the radioactive pill. Then for the next couple of days I will be alone. Isolated in a room with an iron curtain protecting others from exposure. Then from there once I am no longer a threat to society I will be sent home to wait out the rest of my radioactive phase. I will be drinking plenty of water to help that go quickly as well as taking a lot of showers to get everything off my outsides as well. They tell me that I can have my laptop in the room with me so perhaps I will get a lot of scrapbooking done in the next couple of days and you will all get to see that.
Mom arrived from the mainland on Saturday and her and John are ready to take over I think. They plan to visit the beach while I am in the hospital and just generally enjoy the time. I can't wait until this is all over.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Laura,
I have been and will be covering you in prayer. Praying also for John, Jackie, and Danya. I am praying for your health and that this will be a blessing for others who do not know God. Shine bright and praise Him. I love you. Melanie

Connie said...

Dear, Dear Laura, Your blankets of prayer would get very heavy if it were an actual blanket. There are so many praying not only for you but for your family as well. May God truly bless all of you. I pretnt that I am holding your hand as I pray, making the distance not seem so far. Luvnhugs to you all. Connie

Kjersten said...

Laura,

I'm not sure if you get internet access during this (even if you have your laptop). If not, well I know you will read this when you emerge. We are sending you lots of love and prayers! I hope during the few days alone you feel the presence of all those who are with you in spirit and that you end up having a peaceful time scrap-booking (I love doing that sort of thing when I have heavy stuff boggling my mind). Concentrate on those cute photos of that precious baby!

Love, Kj

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.