Tuesday, February 5, 2013

New Year

The new year is upon us. I am determined to get caught up. Thankfully I just found this new app for my iPad that let's me post to the blog with photos where I want them. And since it is easier to juggle the iPad when nursing than it is the "big" computer this should work out well.


When January began Kat was approaching 3 months but still wearing newborn clothing. This adorable little dress was a newborn dress. It got short before it fit her around. Notice how the skirt ends before her legs even start. She is still pretty teeny, but growing steadily.



Big sister is never far away except when she is at school. At times momma shouts cause poor baby sister is sleeping and big sister can't help but hooch her and love on her. Argh. It's hard to punish her without Danya getting upset because I only care about the baby. The age gap is a bit daunting at times, although I am thankful that she feels she can share these feelings with me rather than bottle them all up.


This is one of those times. I was trying to capture Katriel's morning smiles as she lay across my lap, but because I was talking to Katriel, Danya had to get in on the action.


So after getting dressed we tried this a different way. Get big sister to help make her smile. Tada! Success.


Remember these shoes from our announcement shot. Well she can finally fit them. She really was an itty bitty baby. Katriel's first pair of crocs, or fakey crocs anyway.


See sister jumped into the shot again


After Christmas we decided it was time to start the bedroom transition. Katriel hasn't slept in the bed yet as we don't have a mattress for it yet, but getting big sister to understand the shared space rules seemed like it needed to happen first. So up went the crib that has been in our garage for 3 years. That means that the toys got kind of squashed at one end, but still totally playable, and perfect.


Danya is super excited for the sharing of the room. We are thinking perhaps spring break will be a good time to really begin the transition.


See, the space worked out well. When Kat is big enough for a real bed bunk beds will have to happen, but for now it's amazing how well it worked out.

In other areas of the house needed a little new year sprucing up as well. My sewing area in the garage was quite a mess after Christmas orders and as we head into Disney trip season the business just keeps coming. This is my sewing studio.



Complete with Katriel's swing. It's a great place to work during the day. The commute is short and Katriel enjoys either her excersaucer or sleeping in the swing. As we mark the first full year of offering a princess Disney themed shop I am more and more grateful to my mom for teaching me how to sew and allowing me to be creative growing up, making barbie dresses from Kleenex, often not leaving enough for dad to blow his nose, and just encouraging me no matter what the wear and tear was to her machine. Without that I don't think I could have been this successful.

How successful you might ask? Well I'm not striking it rich by any means, but each time it seems like money gets tight another order comes in. It's been good enough that this year I have barely touched our family checking account for groceries and misc. this has helped old debt to get paid down and a much less stressed family. I'm so thankful that God has used my talents to bless us, and I can't wait to see what this year brings.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Gammlemor/Gammlefar said...

You should come visit me for Spring Break instead. We could have a big birthday party while you were here.

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.