Thursday, September 29, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy...

 Costumes are my major business throughout the year. I've sold 41 orders this season so far. That's a lot of sewing! I've been up until midnight most nights. Its a bit rough on me, but it is helping us financially in a big way this month. I'm hopeing some repeat buyers will come back all year, maybe not keeping me this busy, but a little busy would be nice.

The big seller this year is Rapunzel!
Infact poor Danya even lost this one to a sale earlier in the season. It was almost too small for her which is why I sold it. After Halloween is over I'll make her a new one, if I can handle seeing the fabric again. She's been a pretty good sport about it. I've been blessed to be able to mass produce them, and last night I finished 7 in one night. They are all ready to be packaged up today. It's kind of crazy. Now it's on to a Cinderella, and then Pascal the costume I litterally fell into.
My cousin asked for one for his son to go with their Daughter's Rapunzel costume. Well I used a vintage dinosaur costume, and created this Pascal the chameleon costume. He's pretty cute, right? The pattern sizing turned out to be way to big for DJ, so I went to sell it on etsy. It sold within hours and I had tons of requests. Turns out not even Disney decided to make this costume and a lot of people were wanting it. Yikes. Now I've got an even bigger problem. I bought all of this fabric from my local walmart and it doesn't exist at any other store on the island. We'll see what I can come up with for to fill all the orders.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.