Friday, February 26, 2010

Pizza Secrets

Okay so my husband will tell you I am a pizza addict. So today we are going to take a short story break to share my new favorite recipe. Often recipes don't give you the secrets they use to make it perfect, but I will. Here's the recipe I really like:
1 1/3 cup warm water (105F)
1/4 cup non-fat dry milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Pk dry yeast or (2 tsp.)
2 Tbsp oil
Mix all the dry ingredients and then add the water until it is a nice dough ball. Knead for 5 min. This will make 3 large thin crust pizzas. Place the dough ball into a clean shopping bag that you have sprayed some oil into and tie it shut. Place it in a warm area to rise for 45 min to an hour. Once it has risen knead it again and then cut it into 3 balls. Put the other 2 balls into ziplocks and put it in the fridge for another day.
Here's secret #1

It's a splatter screen because I couldn't find a real pizza screen. It has a plastic handle though so I've sealed that up in tinfoil so that it doesn't melt to my oven.

Now roll it out the dough ball real thin and then place it on the screen. Top it with your favorite sauce. I like Boboli pizza sauce. Then sprinkle as little or as much Mozzerella or Italian blend cheese.

Secret # 2
Don't precook your sausage! I love sausage pizza so I figured this out. If you precook your sausage it gets super dry in the oven. So just pull off little chunks of raw sausage and put it on your pizza. Then add peperoni or whatever you want on your pizza.

Then to cook it. I heat my oven to 450. I put the pizza on the bottom rack for 10 min and then move it to the top rack for a couple min under the broiler to crisp up the cheese and peperoni.

Take it out and slide it onto a cookie sheet with just a super light sprinkle of corn meal on it to absorb any cheese oil after you cut it. Cut and enjoy!

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.