Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sharing Jesus


Those of you who are also on facebook know that Danya's favorite book lately has been her Bible. She gets so excited just to see it. I will admit that her Bible is kept away from her other books so Bible time is a special time. That being said as a Christian mom I am so thankful I have been able to teach her how precious the Bible is and how we should look forward to seeing it. She actually has 2 kids Bibles. One is designed for toddlers and one for preschoolers. Her Bibles or Bibwals are kept on the bedside table on Daddy's side of the bed. Bible stories are a time when we snuggle with Daddy before bed usually. During the day if I have to go into our room she follows me and runs right to the shelf exclaiming "Bibwal" she then takes both Bibles off the shelf and starts "reading" me stories. I love that when she sees fire in the stories she says "oooh" and then exclaims in Danya language a mile a minute. I look forward to the day when I can understand her comentary on the stories. I'm sure I will learn something from her.
I guess you could say I am already learning from her though. The other day I went into our room to get something and Danya and her friend followed close behind. Danya ran and picked up her Bibles. Then she presented one to her friend. They walked out of the bedroom, which Danya never does by choice, and so being as how it wasn't normal I followed. Danya set her Bible down, also not normal and said something to her friend in Danya-eese. Then she opened the Bible she gave her friend and pointed to a story (I don't know which one I was trying to get the camera to start up which never happens as fast as you need it to.) Then Danya turned around and started to "read" her Bible out loud. Both girls stood there reading their Bibles for about 15 min. Which is quite amazing for 2 almost 2 year olds.
Why can't I share my faith that easily? For Danya she knew that it was her favorite book so her friend would like it to. I often think that knowing God and His Son Jesus would help someone but I don't want to ruffle feathers. It's times like those when I feel a bit overwhelmed by the process that John and I have undertaken of planting this Church. I know that if I can follow the example of my toddler I will be ready to share with the world what God has done for us. Jesus said we should have faith like a little child, everyday I see faith in my daughter and I praise God that he has given us the gift of raising her. I can't wait to see what plans he has for her. (Jer 29:11)

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.