Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!


We've posted this photo before, but it deserves to be here again. I think back to when I was growing up, and knowing that Papa had been injured in war. I don't think it really made any sense to me then. Now that I live close to military bases and some of my friends are military wives I think about them and the sacrifice it is for the whole family. One friend's husband just came home for R&R and his littlest one hardly remembered him their first re-meeting. I know I panic when John heads to LA for school, because that means I get no break, and yet these mommies do it for long periods of time with the added danger of war and death. I am so proud of everyone who serves this country and makes my freedom possible.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.