Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Oops!

I think I've used this title before, but this is one of those times you know? Last week for MOPS I made cinnamon rolls with maple frosting from scratch. After the cinnamon rolls were done baking I put in the loaf of bread I had rising. Then my MOPS began arriving and I forgot about it. I thought I had turned the oven off so it would slowly finish baking as the oven cooled but about 20 min into group, thankfully before it started to smoke or burn, I remembered the bread. I went to the oven and took out a very crusty perfectly shaped loaf of bread. Arghhh! So what do you do with it. To be honest I am kind of a picky bread eater so I wasn't going to eat it. You could barely cut it with a knife once it cooled it was like a brick. So remembering we were running low on bird seed I stuck it in the bird feeder to see if they would eat it. I sawed it in half and set it out. At first the birds wouldn't touch it either, but now they have only left the crusty shell. So "when you forget the bread give it to the birds" okay so it isn't as catchy as the one about lemons but the idea is the same.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.