Thursday, April 30, 2009

Busy little bee

So I was going through some of my old toddler lesson plans because Danya's little friend will be spending 4 days with us next week. I wanted to be sure I had enough stuff for them to do without getting board. I found the rice and scoopers plan that we always did in the spring before it was warm enough to do the water table. So we pulled about 3 cups of rice from our container and a bunch of the left over formula scoops, and some cups and tada! Danya sat in the pool scooping and dumping for nearly an hour this morning. Then she got mad when I said it was time to clean up and have a diaper change. Really mad! Toddlers are a lot of fun when they are making every effort to wiggle from your arms and get back to whatever.



Unfortunatly the cleanup wasn't as easy as I thought placing her in the pool. She still managed to get rice all over the patio. I didn't want our local birds to get sick so it took us quite a while to get it all cleaned up.

1 comment:

Gary said...

No Hun, you weren't doing containment... but rather, limited damage control!

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.