Friday, November 14, 2008

Our big news!


Our big news is not what you are all guessing and smiling about right now. I think perhaps it is just as good though. Nana was kind enough to go to the store for us and pick us up some training pants on the mainland since they are $3 cheeper there. We have been wearing them off and on ever since we got them. Danya has been staying dry for long periods of time, so even though she is young we thought we would use them and start trying. Well mostly she just likes to sit there. She knows that to go make shishi we go to the bathroom and she is very excited to do that, so off we go to the bathroom to sit and read books on the potty. Today when she awoke from a 3 hour nap dry I knew she needed to make shishi. So after a few minutes to get completely awake we went in to the bathroom. She sat there for several minutes when all of a sudden she looked at me with a little panic on her face. I told her to make shishi, and although it was purely me knowing that look meant she was going to make shishi and didn't know if that was okay she did it. Danya made shishi on the potty for the first time. Yay! Then she got one of her favorite cookies, and lots of cheers and praise from mommy. I'm sure when she gets older and realizes I shared this monumental day she may be a little embarrased but oh well. It's a big deal. Now the big question is how many wet unders will I be changing before we make shishi on the potty again. Many I'm sure.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.