Sunday, September 28, 2008

Birthday party episode III

The parties are over!! Horray! It has been a very busy month and a half. Yesterday was the last of the birthday parties. A great big thank-you to everyone who gave her gifts. I can't wait until she grow into her new clothes.

Sometimes getting ready for a party seems like it takes forever. We started on monday doing things a little at a time durring naps. Here is some of the prep work.

Then we tried for a one year photo. I think it is time to break down and go to another photographer. She's soo busy that this phase of life is on the go with little patience for mom's photo adiction.

The outside of the house.

Custom poster I made.

This is the cake and candy table. There was a food table as well but I forgot to take a picture of it before it was torn apart. Everyone enjoyed themselves. We still have a lot of candy so it will become the start of our Halloween stash. More posts on Crazy Halloween prep later.

Ooooh. Lets all marvel at the difficult polka dots. There are no affordable bakeries (ie Safeway, foodland, or Costco) that will customize a cake anymore. At least not here. They only make what is in their design book. I didn't want some random cake so I went to costco and had them make me a plain white cake. Then since I had frosting all made to frost my frog and dot cookies again I made polka dots on the cake. Not hard. It was just crazy to me that I couldn't even get them to frost the cake pink. It had to be one of the designs.



Danya is "So big"

Our full living room.

Opening gifts


Notice the face on the video and then the face she is making watching it. I would say this is a signature look but really she is figuring out how to mimic everything. When we sigh even she is copying us. It's fun and enlightening.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.