Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Missing Pronto Pups?

I know that the fair is coming soon, but I am too far away to enjoy my favorite treat. Not to mention the soy content in the ones from the fair. But using Heart smart Bisquick I found this recipe. It is very, very good. They taste just like the ones from the fair. So I thought I would pass it on.

Pronto Pups


1 c. Bisquick
1 tbsp. yellow cornmeal
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1/4 tsp. vinegar
1 pkg. hot dogs

Mix ingredients. Put popsicle stick into hot dog. Dip hot dog into mixture and deep fry until golden brown.

I use bamboo skewers instead of popsicle sticks, and I cut the dogs in half to fit in my small oil pan. Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Laura you are my hero! I can't wait to get home from Denver and try them. Pronto Pups are also my favorite too. Can't wait to see you. Love you and miss you!

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.