Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Planting...

Some of you have received an e-mail from John talking about our new adventure, but for the rest of you I would like to tell you a little about it. John and I have felt for quite a while now that God was leading us to plant a Church in the west Oahu area. City Gate where John has been serving for many years meets closer to town. We want to build a Church in our neighborhood. This has been quite the process. I have friends within City Gate as does John and it is hard to leave them, but God kept calling. If you've ever tried to put God on hold you know how hard it becomes. I tried several times to say let's wait. I'm not sure it is now. Then God began to challenge me. He reminded me that His plans are far grander than mine and that he was in control. We prepared to start moving in that direction when Pastors Lloyd and Annie met with John and clarified for John that now was indeed the time to move on. With the blessing of City Gate, John and I were officially sent out to plant a church on May 4. Right now we are in the conception phase, trying to determine exactly the details for what the church will look like and how to build it. I know that so many of you pray for us and want to be a part of our lives and ministry. We will be starting a blog for the church very soon so that all of those supporting us in prayer can be a part of our Ministry. It is also a way to stay accountable to The Body of Christ by letting everyone know where we are in the process. Stay tuned for further details.

No comments:

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.