Tuesday, May 6, 2008

For Giggles and Tears


A long time ago I was obsessed with strawberry shortcake. My cousins and I loved her. My Nana Hayes crocheted a doll of her. She only made one and several of us cousins wanted her so since it was soo much work she kept it at her house on the guest bed. I admired it, and played with it every time I went to her house. When Nana passed away several years ago my Aunt asked me if there was anything I wanted from Nana's house. I said I wanted the doll but so did someone else. She said that as she was cleaning out a box she found what looked like all the parts for another doll. Since Nana showed me how to crochet I could finish it. She also found the instructions. Anyway my aunt sent it to me and I finished the doll. It was one of the things I made sure to pack with me in my move. So I was looking at Danya and the Doll that sits on a top shelf in her room, and I thought I would pull it down and see how close in size they were. It was nearly identical so I thought well let's get crazy and try it on her. It fit. The head whole was a little snug but it did fit. Danya thought the hat was silly and started laughing as soon as I put it on her. So then I cried. I know that if Nana were still alive she would have made something Special for Danya. So in a way this was my way of seeing that come true. I love you Nana, you will always be in my heart.

3 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Adorable!

Connie said...

Dear Ones, Now that I've dryed my tears, I have to say how perfectly, wonderfully, adoringly special!

Kjersten said...

These pictures are painfully, laughingly, adorably, cute!

cousin Kj

Mommy, Daddy, and Me

Mommy, Daddy, and Me
These photos are from roughly the same age for each of us.